Friday, November 18, 2011

Grace and Gratitude



I have received so much in the past few days, it's almost unbelievable how things pan out.
If there's anything I've learnt in the recent weeks gone by, it's patience, amid more.

There's a thing about simply trusting. There's a thing about simple obedience. And, there's another thing about perfect timing.

::


Some previous lunches



A simple lunch prepared by my sister and I

VS

This one, lovingly prepared by Yi Yi


::

Anyways, I've finally managed to find myself this!



A secondhand serger at a pretty enough decent price, which belonged to a good friend of my grandparents. Though it hasn't been used in 15 years, it works like a dream. I can finally finish my edges off professionally! :D

A visit to the grandparents' often leads up to my grandma showing me her old photos.
I really do love looking at her old photos, even though she shows me them every time I'm over now.
These photos really lend a sense of time and air to them. I can't get over how amazing their wedding photos look!

 

 I love this one so much that Nai Nai gave me a copy!

 

Everything about this photo just screams gorgeousness, don't you think? 

::

Earlier today, my mom, sister and I, headed down to the orchid exhibition and Gardens by the Bay. I didn't particularly have any interest in this, but my sister, being a landscape architecture student, enjoyed herself plenty.

I don't think I'd come back again, at least not twice in a row (unlike a certain somebody). Please, don't get me wrong. I like my plants, and I like my nature. But, to see all these plants arranged in such an artificial and rigid system, it gets me all uncomfortable and edgy.

There needs to be a sense of peace and tranquility when you look at plants, I kept trying to tell Jia Ying. There shouldn't be this feeling of irritation, nor this raw, burning sensation constantly piercing through me as I walk around the dome/exhibit.

But, then again, maybe it's just me and my inability to enjoy this form of spectatorship. Everyone around me seemed to be up in arms over the place's "beauty", making loud squeals of admiration and delight.


Of course, there are most certainly a few things I enjoyed:

 Like this floral arrangement

 

 And the daisies

 

And this other flower which look like daisies




But that's about it. 

All I wanted to do was go home, whereas my sister was the complete opposite. 



 

All she was thinking about, was how to make this home.

No comments:

Post a Comment