Friday, July 19, 2013

Stories from The 'A' Team

I've an English teacher of a friend who really liked to inspire her class of boys (whom aren't the most literary inclined) to write. 

Some time ago, she'd asked if I would be keen to illustrate a bunch of their creative essays.
She had an idea to compile them into a "book" of sort, as a motivation to spur them onto becoming "published" local authors. 

 I of course, honoured, said yes! 

 Having taken this on, I realised it wasn't really a walk in the park for me either.
Illustrating sports-related thingamabobs and teenage boys aren't exactly my usual doodles. 

 All the sweat paid off when she presented me this binded book for my keeping. 

 I hope this class of 13-year-olds will feel a great sense of achievement and can show this compilation of essays proudly off to their parents.
Never give up, kids.












































No comments:

Post a Comment