Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Amaranthine and dear

I've been wishing for a while now, that I could take Lights all about town with me. You know, like take her out for a walk around the block, run groceries together, pretend she's a dog, except for the sure fact that she's a cat. After all, she already plays fetch with us (not counting the part where she fails to return the chew toy) but, come on, many dogs don't fulfill that part of the deal either.. Besides, people do really walk their cats.

So, Jian and I decided, we shall indeed go for a picnic and bring our little meow-meow with us! Here's us taking the bus down to our local park & if you squint really hard, you can see Lights peering up from behind the netting.



On the bus, we imagined Lights to frollick about the tall grass, climb up the low trees, swipe at terrapins in the pond, just being happy and gay and cute.


But all did not go as we planned.


There's no other way to put it but this: Lights is a lousy, scaredy, fraidy cat.


Everything in the park scared her. The tall grass. The trees. The terrapins in the pond. The sun, the breeze, the everything. She just cowered in her red carrier, refusing to come out.

We carried her in our arms, even brought her out to sit on the grass with us.
She just does not like nature.


At this point, I'm thinking, Oh! We've spoilt her good! All that lounging about in our sofas and beddings we've let her!


We truly thought she'd be having lots of fun!
Instead, she was sulking at every aspect of our garden trip.

(This is a quick water colouring I made of her at the park, wishing she'd be playing hide-and-seek with us in the grass)




Yet, this was about all the excitement we got out of her.


Her standing tall, trying to figure out where we have sneaked her carrier.

We headed back after less than an hour.



Though, I have to say, it really was a rather fruitful trip. I understood my kitty more, and realised what kind of a feline my little Lights is.

She's infinitely, a princess. Albeit deceiving, with the wild street coat and kinked tail, she's a house cat through and through.


After giving her a shower, I dug up my old gold bangles which I hardly ever wear, took off her old purple suede collar with the red bell, and popped them over her head.



Princess.
That's all I can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment