Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Stylish Dress Book, Pattern E

Having recently bought Yoshiko Tsukiori's Stylish Dress Book, I couldn't wait to try this pattern out!


I just love the easiness of this dress. It's a simple enough pattern to follow, and I managed to even practice certain sewing techniques I have learnt from my aunt. 


Started off with cutting out the patterns, then hand-printed the fabric with little horsies stamps I crafted.

 



Quite certainly, out of the entire project, this printing on business (besides tracing the sewing pattern out from the book) was the most tedious. 

After a night of sewing, the dress is complete!

  


Now if you don't mind some photobooth snapshots, this is how the dress looks worn.

 








I am really diggin' the loose fit. (Mom says: "What, you prepping for pregnancy?")
A very girly, fun, casual dress, which I can totally imagine myself in for picnics.




:
:
:



Plus, I love these Japanese patterns so much, I got more sewing books!


Yay!

1 comment: