Wednesday, September 28, 2011

LBD

I've taken a couple of sewing classes with my Aunt,
and this is what we'd worked on in the last lesson.

 

It's a great dress for swishing in!


I figured out scalloping on my own after the lesson at home, though I really should have asked her for some tips. For lack of great technique in sewing and making some rookie mistakes, my scallops came out all wanky. I don't mind it too much, it still works.

I guess, it's one of those things where you could call it unpolished, or you could call it fresh and free with the power of denial!

Still, not sure if I should add the belt to it (it's just a piece of flat white string I tied around my waist for the picture). Also, maybe I have hemmed the dress half an inch too short? But, ah!

Can't wait to wear this little blue dress out! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment