Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Artwork-separation Anxiety


Amongst all the things I've sold and sent away in packages, this is the first one that leaves me slightly panicky.

It might be because, I've put in more work in this compared to my other products.
It might be too, that it's the first dress I've sold.

It's like a part of me belongs with it, and now I have to ship it away.
A proud and uncertain moment, like sending your child off to school for the first time, praying all the while that he'll have a good time at it. Only in my context, the mail man and external uncontrollable factors, such as the trip, will be pleasant to my package.
Bittersweet and unnerving is all I can describe for it.

Yet, I've gotten other things to look forward to, like making another custom modress with some kind of sleeves this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment